Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in the New Year...

Happy New Year to you and yours!

What are you doing on the first morning of the new year?  I am enjoying children having a sleep over at Nana and Pappy's house, aka a quiet house!  Catching up on the news, reading articles reviewing the last decade (whatever you may want to call it), checking out discussions on the change in the way we listen to music (and reveling in the fact that I still have a record collection that I love which balances my dependence on Pandora),  generally just pondering this life of ours: the assumptions we make, the people we love, the things we take for granted, the unknown life that remains before us, what our children will be like (and ourselves, I guess) at the end of the next decade, the choices past and future.

I have never really been one for New Year's resolutions or year-in-reviews because I believe in constantly (maybe even obsessively?) reevaluating who I am and how I am living my life.  This morning, however, the quiet - the rare and blessed cessation of sound - seems to allow for a wider reflective view.  Take the time to ponder the view yourself.

No comments: